Do you take notes while you're reading? What about after you finish a book and before you pick up the next one - what are some of the things you do to record & remember what you've read? Below is a list of the extra things I do while I'm reading a book and after I've finished reading it.
While Reading ...
1. I add the book to my Goodreads profile as "now reading." I'm not really tracking the exact date but I like to get an accurate month.
2. If it's an eBook (I use the Windows 8 Kindle app on my laptop), I add notes when a plot surprise makes me gasp or exclaim out loud, and highlight memorable quotes.
3. I update my 2013 Google reading map with a location (if applicable).
View 2013 Reading the World in a larger map
After I've Finished Reading ...
4. I add a review to Goodreads, and rate the book.
5. Copy my review to Amazon.com - I wish I had started doing this a long time ago.
6. Write up a book discussion here on Girlxoxo.com, and save it as a draft.
Only then do I reach for another book.
I'd love to hear about your process. Do you start another book immediately after you've finished? Do you use Goodreads? Do you add your review to Amazon?