I love the weekly bookish questions from Top Ten Tuesday Reading Meme at Broke & Bookish. This week, I had to think about 10 books that I had strong emotions about. As usual, I focused on the books I read this year (2011).
1. The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore, Benjamin Hale . A woman has a relationship with a ... chimp - really?!
2. Triptych, J.M. Frey. A man, woman & alien have a 3some relationship - really?!
3. As She Climbed Across the Table, Jonathan Lethem. A woman falls in love with a ... void - again, really?!
4. Warm Bodies, Isaac Marion. Zombie and human love - hmmm?!
5. Delirium, Lauren Oliver.Love against very strong odds - I can relate.
6. The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern. Would I be willing to give up everything for love?!
7. The Last Werewolf, Glen Duncan. A whiny, suicidal werewolf - not a good look. I thought of werewolves as strong, powerful creatures.
8. Don't Breathe a Word, Jennifer McMahon. Fantasy or reality - I love how the book had me questioning which it was, right until the unexpected ending
9. Forever, Maggie Stiefvater. Not as good as the 1st 2 books in the trilogy - and I get being depressed when there are love problems, but it's like this dude lost all will to have a life! Ughhh.
10. The Tiger's Wife, Tea Obreht. It seems that I rarely enjoy books that win the prestigious book awards.