The goal of the 2012 Amazon Best Books of 2011 Reading Challenge (hosted by Wickedly Delicious Tales), is to read books from the Best Books of 2011 list chosen by the editors of Amazon.com.
I'm aiming for the Novice level of 5 books - but I'm choosing from the 10 books listed below.
1. Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Laini Taylor
2. Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides
3. The Lover's Dictionary, David Levithan
4. The Sisters Brothers, Patrick deWitt
5. Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
6. The Sense of an Ending, Julian Barnes
7. Mr. Fox, Helen Oyeyemi
8. Go the F**k to Sleep, Adam Mansbach
9. The Night Strangers, Chris Bohjalian
10. Akata Witch, Nnedi Okorafor
Books read prior to the start of this challenge.
1. Before I Go to Sleep by S J Watson - loved it.
2. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht - thought it was just okay.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - loved it.
4. The Magician King by Lev Grossman - thought it was just okay.
5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - liked it.
6. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - loved it.
7. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown - really liked it.
8. Embassytown by China Mieville - didn't care for it.
9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - loved it.
This challenge runs from January 1 - December 31, 2012. I'm doing 10 year long reading challenges, 1 mini-challenge (3 months), and 1 multi-year challenge that finishes in 2014. I'm clearly a reading challenge addict! Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, how many?