I think I have a slight addiction to reading challenges ... I might need an intervention ... but not yet! Let me just get through this year first, and then next year - I'll calm down ... promise :-)
First Quest: Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time categories - fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology.
Duration: March 21 - June 19, 2012
Plan: 1. Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Laini Taylor - fantasy (99)
2. Fire, Kristin Cashore - fantasy (100)
3. Akata Witch, Nnedi Okorofor - fantasy (112)
4. Everybody Sees the Ants, A. S. King - fantasy (180)
5. Among Others, Jo Walton - fantasy (181)
6. The Replacement, Brenna Yovanoff - fantasy (182)
7. Ultraviolet, R.J. Anderson - fantasy (183)
8. Chime. Franny Billingsley - fantasy (184)
9. The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Rae Carson - fantasy (185)
10. The Freedom Maze, Delia Sherman - fantasty (203)
11. Kingdom of Gods, N. K. Jesmin - mythology? (204)
12. The Boy at the End of the World - fantasy (205)
Goal: Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this spring - and then read them!
Duration: March 20 - June 20, 2012
Plan: List already made -> 10 Books On My Reading List for Spring 2012
Okay - not a reading challenge, but more of a "work on your website" event being hosted @ Sueys Books this weekend (Fri. Mar 30 - Apr. 2, 2012), I will use this time to work on my to-do list for this website:
- Put a "subscribe by email" link
- Add a 2012 Literary Award Winners page
- Re-organize categories
- Schedule a few posts - I'm falling behind.
I'm so looking forward to evenings of sitting outside in warm Spring weather with a book and nothing but time - how would you spend a Spring day off?