Links I found interesting over the week
Favorite On Girlxoxo.com This Week
- Do Whatever The Fuck You Want @ Good Books and Wine ... AMEN! There is no standard formula for "success" or to be happy.
- "Ghost Stories": The ubiquitous anti-feminism of young adult romances @ New Statesman - "I view the genre with an insider's perspective: I paid my way through university by ghostwriting YA romances. It was an easy job at first: padding chapter word counts through the judicious use of erotic ekphrasis ... "His rippling, supple muscular chest, shimmering in the bright sunlight. His smooth, almost preternaturally marble-white skin...". Yet, after over 20 such books ... I began to feel increasingly uneasy about the message such tropes send to the genre's young, largely female readership." READ THIS! Blogging & Computer-ing
- How to Identify, Grow and Find Success for Your Blog's Niche @ IFB - focus on fashion/ style bloggers, but advice can be used for all types of blogs.
- How to Get More Content for Your Blog @ Problogger ... many good ideas here.
- From 'Everyone' to 'Someone:' 5 Ways to Figure Out Your Target Audience @ IFB ... "Double check that your target audience is a good fit for you ... It can be glamorous and exciting chasing trends for a little bit, but after awhile it stops being fun. That's when burnout happens."
- tips, tricks, and outfits @ Coming Unstitched ... tips that this blogger learned as she grew her blog.
- So Much Social Media, So Little Time... @ The 3 R's Blog ... glad to see I'm not the only one who's main source of "social" interaction is commenting on blogs - I heart bloggers :-)
Favorites from Elsewhere on the Net
- Linked to The Sunday Post @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
See more -> Sunday Best