In Organizing My Computing Life (my February Monthly Challenge), I needed to make a list of the computer programs I use most regularly. My list is a just a basic document saved in "My Documents" on the computer and synced using GoodSync, to Skydrive (i.e. saved online in the cloud so I can access it from any device). Most of the programs I use are FREE (open source).
All programs are open source (free) unless otherwise specified.
- AVG (antivirus)
- Malaware Bytes
- Comodo Cleaning Essentials (lives on external hard drive)
- Goodsync ($$$ - sync documents & backup photos to Sydrive (online))
- Adobe Photoshop (Graphics program - $$$)
- HTML Kit (HTML Editor)
- Firefox (Browser of choice)
- Filezilla (FTP program for uploading files to website)
- Adobe Reader (for PDF files)
- Lotus Symphony (instead of paying for Microsoft Word)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- BitTorrent (personal downloading pleasure)
- iTunes (music)
- Spotify (music)
- VLC (to watch movies)
- Overdrive (audiobooks)
- eWallet ($$$ - to record passwords & logins - synced to mobile version, but thinking of using mobile app only)
- Evernote (Free edition - for blogging & other things - still experimenting) Windows 8 Apps
- Zentomi (RSS feed reader)
- Nook App (eReader app)
- Kindle App (eReader app - although I haven't actually read any eBooks yet)
Antivirus & Malaware
Photoshop, Goodsync and eWallet are the only programs I use that aren't free - and they are worth every cent!
What are some computer programs that you gladly pay to use?
See more -> Computing